Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whole Foods Sale Wednesday!

NOTICE: These sales are valid in RI and CT, too...just realized that. So if you're reading from there, these apply to you, too!

This week at Whole Foods there are a few good sales. I won't be in the city to scour the actual store for deals though, and I apologize. To make it up to all of you, I will writing a post on how to freeze your own fruits and vegetables. This technique will help you take better advantage of produce sales, because when something you like goes on a great sale, you can stock up and freeze your own!

Here's the link to this week's flyer...and here is my list of sale highlights:
  • Asparagus is $1.99/lb from $3.99/lb, which is even cheaper than it is frozen. I will be posting about freezing vegetables tomorrow, so if you're an asparagus lover, you can stock up and freeze some for later. These would be great steamed as a side with some butter and lemon, or in a fritatta.
  • Cedar's hummus is 2/$7 (or 1/$3.50) from $4.99 each. I usually make my own hummus and bean dips, but if you don't, this is a great deal! Cedar's is the best store bought hummus I've ever tasted. I think it's even better than my homemade.
  • Murray bridge cheddar is on sale $4.99/lb from $6.99/lb.
  • Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are $4.99/lb from $6.59/lb. These are good to stock up on and freeze. I'd grill or saute a batch and add them to salads all week for lunch. You could also add them to a stir fry or make dinner sandwiches with them.
  • If you're a prepared foods type of person, there's Red Quinoa salad with almonds, blueberries, and feta for $4.99/lb from $6.99/lb.
  • Finally, short ribs of beef are on sale $3.99/lb from $5.99./lb and make the perfect end of winter crock pot dinner. I won't be in the city to take advantage of this sale, but if I were you, I'd hit up A Year of Crockpotting for some suggestions. There's a Korean ribs recipe, a Chinese style ribs recipe, and a BBQ ribs recipe...(I hate not knowing how to really spell BBQ...barbeque, barbecue?). So get out your crockpot before it gets warm out!

So, in honor of this week's asparagus sale, tomorrow I will be posting the technique for freezing your own produce. I hope you come on back to ch-ch-check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment