Thursday, March 12, 2009

How to Hard Boil an Egg

OK, since my Potato Party Salad recipe calls for hard boiled eggs, I figured I should share my method for boiling them with you. It took me 23 years to figure out how to do this correctly, so I'm sure some of you out there can't do it.

How to Hard Boil an Egg
by Taylor
  1. Add eggs to pot (gently!) and cover with cold water an inch over the eggs.
  2. Cover the pot and set on high heat.
  3. Once the pot begins to boil (you need to watch this so that you know when the eggs start boiling), take the top off and set your oven timer (or some other type of timer) for 7 minutes.
  4. After they have boiled for 7 minutes, take them out and rinse them under cold water.
  5. Peel and use.

Repeat after me:

"SEVEN MINUTES PAST BOILING".

"SEVEN MINUTES PAST BOILING".

scrimpyTips:

-The method produces uniformly yellow whites. If you'd prefer a slightly less cooked yolk, you can take them off at 5-6 minutes. If you'd like your eggs more cooked, go to 8 minutes.

-These are great for Easter! Stay tuned for my homemade egg-dye experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment