Monday, February 23, 2009

Stainless steel water bottles

So I just came across an ad on the blog about stainless steel water bottles and I figured I'd try to motivate some of you to make the switch. The SIGG bottles we have here cost about $22 at Whole Foods, not exactly scrimpy. However, we managed to get ours at Crate and Barrel for $9 a piece, thank god. From what I can tell, you can also find them on ebay and other places online cheaper. Whole Foods also makes their own brand, but to me they seem uncomfortable to drink from.

Anyways, these bottles somehow make the water taste cleaner and colder, and alleviate any fears you have about what's leaching out of the plastic you drink from. They're great on the go, too, because they're extremely light weight. They'll pay for themselves in a few months (or weeks, or days, depending on how much of a bottled water fiend you are) and, in my opinion, are totally worth the expense. Buying them had been on my to do list for so long, and I'm so happy I finally have them! An added benefit is their eco-friendliness. We drink from them for our health (let's be honest), but saving all those bottles from landfills can't hurt either.

Plus, you'll look like all the cool kids with your sleek stainless steel bottle. Now, how can you pass THAT up, my friends?

Ooh! About a year ago we switched from delivered bottled water (which has who knows what in it anyways) to a Brita faucet attachment. Those are great investments, but the refills are SO expensive...my advice, buy them at BJs or another wholesale club. You save half off what you would pay at CVS.

Just a few ideas on clean water I wanted to share with all of you! I'll be back with a more interesting post later!

No comments:

Post a Comment