Thursday, February 26, 2009

CVS Sale of the Week Honorable Mention

As I was sitting here writing and snacking on some almonds, I realized I should encourage you to go buy some almonds on sale at CVS this week (the sale ends Saturday). I come to you with this news because:
  1. $4.99 is a great price for a pound of almonds.
  2. They're so nutritious. I like to eat a few almonds (around 10 or 15) with a smoothie, which is a really filling and healthful mini-meal. Just be careful with the portions, the calories add up!
  3. It's great to have some almonds on hand, because you can use them to bake with. I like to make almond brittle, and roasted nuts. (Almond brittle and cinnamon roasted almonds are two really cheap recipes...I must share them with you this week! I think I promised to share the roasted nuts in another post and then forgot. Well, I've remembered and I'll post it!)

Ok, that's all, just thought this sale deserved a mention, too! I hope you've been moved to go get you some almonds.

There are endless ways to enjoy almonds. What's your favorite way to eat almonds?

No comments:

Post a Comment