Thursday, February 19, 2009

Makin' some money with my blog!

Hey all!

As much as I love staying home with Dylan and being able to share all of my tips with you, I also miss having a paycheck of my own. The only thing that could make blogging more fun would be to make some dough and has always been in the back of my mind. Once I really get going I figured I would concentrate on promoting the blog and trying to do a little advertising for products as well. It's been a few weeks of writing, and I came across an amazing service for Bloggers called Blogsvertise. Blogsvertise allows Bloggers to assist makers of products generate buzz and increase online exposure, and it allows me to introduce you to new products and services that become available. Even better news for me is that this helps me to make some income from my blog (which we could really use!).

I have also recently added scrimpBoston to blogcatalog. blogcatalog is an online directory of blogs, which will help people interested in my topics find me. Hopefully this will be a great resource for myself and others looking for information about living naturally and on the cheap in Boston.

So, that's what's going on with scrimpBoston. Just figured I'd give you all a head's up on what's happening and what fun changes the future holds. Even though it seems like just writing about whatever, keeping up this blog has proven to be a pretty significant task. It's a labor of love, and the wheels are always turning -- coming up with new ideas to share with you.

My newest idea is compliments of my cousin, BriAnne (my second follower! Hi BriAnne! Hi Liam!). She called me on Sunday asking if I had any ideas for meals that were easily frozen. I figure many of my readers work during the day, and don't have the energy or desire to cook a whole healthy meal when they walk in the door. Freezermeal Fridays will be a post I write on Fridays about making meals and other foods to freeze. So, stay tuned for that. You can read the post on Friday, and then spend some time over the weekend making one for the week ahead. And, of course, you can bet they'll be quite scrimpy (I'll try to include ingredients that are on sale locally!).

I will be posting my creme puff recipe that I brought to my friend, Tracey's, house. Just a tease...I made 18 creme puffs and the total for ingredients was.....






...$4.06
! (and it was simple...kind of...but you can do it! They're scrimpy AND impressive, what more could you want???)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor! Love the new idea for "Freezermeal Friday." It's brilliant and the person who gave you the inspiration must be brilliant as well (me!). Anyway, I made the recipe for the sauce that you have on here (with my own spin on it of course) and it was delicious adn scrimpy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the sauce was good! I hope you froze some :)... (I had originally typed "freezed" and it just didn't sound right, duh)

    ReplyDelete